Due to company growth, we have an opportunity for an experienced web developer to work on WordPress designs, site builds and support tasks.
This role requires an individual with experience in designing and building websites using WordPress, and coding up pages based on designs in Photoshop and Illustrator format. The individual should be comfortable working as part of and coordinating within a team and have excellent organisational skills, a real eye for detail, and both understand and be able to test websites across different devices, including mobiles, tablets and desktops, and different browsers. We envisage this role will suit someone who has had experience designing websites, but is now working more on the development side, as while the role will involve some design it is largely front end development.
Duties of role
Duties will include working with WordPress plug-ins, debugging code and building templates. The successful candidate will coordinate with and work as part of our Technical team, and will manage and contribute to web design and development projects from conception to implementation on time and in budget, while providing guidance on any technical issues to both our team, and to clients. They will need to build websites to an agreed specification within an agreed timeframe.
The candidate will need to liaise with the Operations Manager, company directors and support team. They will need to occasionally directly with clients and/or their technical suppliers, be involved in client meetings, work on the formation of web design and development briefs. The role is largely an internal one, but they should be comfortable discussing design/dev needs with clients when needed.
Tasks and projects here at Engage Web are fast-moving so the candidate should feel comfortable with working on multiple websites and projects within their working week.
- A mastery of HTML and CSS is essential
- Strong PHP skills
- Strong understanding of MySQL
- A complete understanding and working knowledge of WordPress
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Ability to research new advancements and new technical approaches
- Ability to focus on complex, technical problems and deliver solutions
- Strong telephone manner for video and phone calls
Knowledge of or experience in any of the below would be advantageous, but training can be given:
- SEO knowledge and experience
- Commercial web design experience
- Experience with WooCommerce and setting up payment gateways such as WorldPay or SagePay
- Adobe PhotoShop and Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of ClickFunnels
- Adobe InDesign
- Experience with email marketing software such as MailChimp/ActiveCampaign
- Domain name management including DNS changes
Salary: £26k – £35k starting salary dependent on experience + annual profit-related bonus. Salary reviews takes place after probationary period and annually. Please note you must include salary expectations with your cover letter
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Hours: 35hrs per week (Mon – Fri 9am-5pm). Role will be hybrid office (2) – home working (3) after training. We also offer flexi-hours outside core hours of 10am – 4pm.
The successful candidate will work alongside a great team of talent who are friendly, capable and collaborative with a strong team spirit. Read about our benefits on our Careers page.
Please apply below, enclosing a CV, covering letter, salary expectation and include links to examples of your work.
No agencies please.
Web Developer Job Application
- Win two hospitality tickets to watch Liverpool v Toulouse at Anfield - September 25, 2023
- Wanted: Web Developer - June 13, 2022
- Facebook adds ‘automatic invitations’ to invite page followers to your group - May 17, 2021