We’re looking for a confident, articulate and self-motivated person with telesales experience, to join our small friendly team on a full or part time basis with hours to suit you (from 20 hrs per week upwards across Monday to Friday).
Opportunities are inbound sales enquiries and/or existing clients. As a Business Development Executive, you’ll be converting these opportunities/leads into qualified sales over video call and telephone mainly, with the occasional face-to-face meeting if required. You’ll consult with prospects, talking with them about what they’re looking to achieve and agreeing a strategy with them. There’s no hard sell but you will need to follow up and ask for the business.
Candidates should be self-motivated and well organised, with the confidence and ability to liaise with clients, referral partners and team workers at all levels of the business.
Duties of role
You’ll be conducting business development calls with our prospects and existing clients across various industries, so you’ll need great communication skills, an excellent telephone manner and enjoy talking to people over the phone and on video calls.
You’ll produce clearly written proposals for digital marketing growth plans and web design, for which full training will be given. There will be additional sales support for these, but the successful candidate will need to produce their own as well.
There will be an admin element to keep the CRM and audit trail updated. Once proposals are signed off, client accounts are passed to the team for delivery and ongoing support.
We are happy to accommodate flexible working and there are options to work from home up to three days per week after training. This B2B Business Development Executive role would suit someone with previous experience in sales and business development, who has a willingness to learn, and a positive attitude. We offer a competitive salary, flexible hours, pleasant working environment and free parking. Laptop and all equipment is provided.
- Conducting business development telephone calls to build & nurture quality relationships and convert these prospects into qualified sales
- Identify and qualify potential sales opportunities
- Sending and following up on personalised business development proposals
- Handing signed-off projects across to the operations team
- Answering inbound calls
- Accurate record keeping and data entry of call details & project time within CRM
- Client meetings as and when required
- Strong, confident telephone manner & proactive call handling skills
- Sales experience
- High standard of written & spoken English (minimum GCSE C grade English)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and rapport building skills
- Accurate, fast data entry
- Confident using Windows computers
- Enjoy talking to a range of businesses
- Able to work independently and manage own workload
- Honest and upfront – not afraid to admit to errors (we have a no blame culture)
- Cares about our clients & wants to do their best
- Good sense of fun
- Sees the value of our work
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Strong work ethic
What’s in it for you:
In return, you will be part of a growing team, in a role that offers a great opportunity to be part of our expansion, and you’ll receive a leading benefits package (see Jobs and Careers for a list). If you have a good work ethic and want to be in an environment that will let you express your individuality, and encourage you to excel in your professional field, then Engage Web is the company for you.
Salary: £18,000 – £28,000 basic pro rata dependent on experience + target-related bonuses, and annual company profit-related bonus. Salary reviews take place after probationary period and annually. Please note you must include salary expectations with your cover letter
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. Role will be hybrid office (2 days) – home working (3 days) after successful training
Hours: Full or part-time, minimum 20 hrs per week (across Mon – Fri, hours as agreed). No weekends.
The successful candidate will work alongside a great team of talent who are friendly, capable and collaborative, with a strong team spirit. Read about the benefits and what it’s like to work at Engage Web here.
Please apply below, enclosing a CV and covering letter, and including salary expectations.
No agencies please.