Last week, I attended the online brightonSEO conference along with my colleagues Darren and Ryan. The event covered a wide range of topics from search engine optimisation (SEO) to content writing, and here are a few takeaways from two of the talks I attended on Thursday and Friday.
How to leverage indexation tracking to monitor issues and improve performance
This talk focused on how you could use the data from Google Search Console from the Google API, which makes it a lot easier to analyse the data from Google Search Console, especially when you need bulk data about many pages on your site.
Something to note about using the Google Search Console URL Inspection API is that you are limited to 2,000 queries per site per day.
There are many ways you can use this API, including:
• Creating a custom app from scratch
• Using other tools that have been developed already, such as https://www.valentin.app/inspect.html, which you can connect to your Google Search Console to get bulk indexation data about URLs you have on your website
The only limit to this is that you can only use websites you have verified in your Google Search Console platform, so you can’t do this for competitors.
The Zero Click SERP: Taking you closer to the money
This tackled why many searches can result in no clicks on any of the websites listed in search results. Some of the reasons for this were:
• People can refine their search to find more detailed information about what they are looking at
• Mobile internet users will sometimes just click on the phone number in the local pack – the section normally at the top of the Google Search results page that shows a map of businesses around your location or the location you have searched for. If they do this, they can contact the business without visiting the website
Therefore, looking at related queries is a good way to think about what content to write for your website in order to attract visitors.
If you are looking to grow your business online and are not sure how to do this, get in touch with our friendly team to find out how we can develop an effective digital marketing strategy for you.
- Key takeaways from Google’s latest search reviews update - November 10, 2023
- Mobile-first indexing: what is it, and why has it taken so long? - November 3, 2023
- Google updates structured data understanding - October 31, 2023