We’re looking to add a junior web developer to our team to work on WordPress designs, site builds and support tasks. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a growing team, develop their skills and shape their future development.
We want someone who is driven to learn and grow their skills, and wants to be part of our team and work with clients to grow their business.
Working alongside our existing web development team, the successful candidate will be involved in the entire web development process from being involved in learning a client’s needs and goals, coming up with designs, and building the site using WordPress.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working as part of a team and have excellent organisational skills, a real eye for detail, and have a solid understanding of the appropriate technologies.
Duties of role
Duties will include creating designs, working with WordPress plug-ins, debugging code and building templates. The successful candidate will coordinate with and work as part of our Technical team, and will manage and contribute to web design and development projects from conception to implementation on time and in budget. They will need to build websites to an agreed specification within an agreed timeframe.
The candidate will liaise with the Operations Manager, company directors and support team. They will need to occasionally work directly with clients and/or their technical suppliers, be involved in client meetings, work on the formation of web design and development briefs. The role is largely an internal one, but they will be discussing design/dev needs with clients when needed.
Tasks and projects here at Engage Web are fast-moving so the candidate should feel comfortable with working on multiple websites and projects within their working week.
- HTML and CSS
- Understanding of MySQL
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and custom theme development
- Amending, fixing and customising WordPress templates
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and device testing
- Ability to research new advancements and new technical approaches
- Ability to focus on technical problems and deliver solutions
- Strong telephone manner for video and phone calls
Knowledge of or experience in any of the below would be advantageous, but training can be given:
- SEO knowledge and experience
- Commercial web design experience
- Experience with WooCommerce and setting up payment gateways such as WorldPay or SagePay
- Adobe PhotoShop and Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of ClickFunnels
- Adobe InDesign
- Experience with email marketing software such as MailChimp/ActiveCampaign
- Domain name management including DNS changes
Salary: £20k – £25k starting salary dependent on experience + annual bonus. Salary reviews takes place after probationary period and annually. Please note you must include salary expectations with your cover letter
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire. Role will be hybrid office (2) – home working (3) after training.
Hours: 35hrs per week (Mon – Fri 9am-5pm). We also offer flexi-hours outside core hours of 10am – 4pm.
The successful candidate will work alongside a great team of talent who are friendly, capable and collaborative with a strong team spirit. Read about our team and our benefits on our Careers page.
Please apply below, enclosing a CV, covering letter, salary expectation and include links to examples of your work.
No agencies please.