Earlier this week, we wrote an article about how Twitter has expanded its tipping tool to all users. If you’d like to learn how to set up this feature on your profile, read on for step-by-step guidance.
To set up Tips, you’ll need an iOS device, as the feature currently isn’t available on desktop or Android devices – although Twitter is hoping to expand the feature soon.
1. Firstly, you’ll need to go to your profile on the Twitter app and select ‘Edit Profile’
2. Next, select the ‘Tips’ button – this will be switched off by default:
3. In order to turn on the tipping feature, you’ll need to consent to Twitter’s General Tipping policy. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be taken to the settings for Tips
4. Here, click ‘Allow tips’, and then select the payment service or services you wish to receive tips to:
Once you’ve inputted at least one payment service, that’s it! One point to note is that you’ll need to enter your username for the third-party payment service you choose, and Twitter has highlighted that your username for the service will be linked publicly to your Twitter account – so make sure you’re happy for your followers to see any usernames used.
Tips is one of many online tools you can use to earn money online. If you’d like to have a chat about how you can use the web to generate more income for your business, get in touch with our Engage Web team today.
- Why should you set up an email welcome sequence? - November 30, 2023
- Three top techniques to triumph with time management - November 17, 2023
- I’ve got a website, what next? A basic marketing funnel - October 25, 2023