OK, we have all seen those ’10 ways to make your life better’ and so on, so here is something that I have made, literally in the past 5 minutes, so expect it rough around the edges.
- Write about your industry – awards, latest news etc. Your content will naturally contain ontological keywords that Google will enjoy reading, helping you to better positions in its rankings.
- Write stuff that happens in your office. It wont help your rankings, but it will make the site more interesting. One my own favourite blogs contains a 50/50 split between industry news and watercooler talk in the office.
- Get all members of staff to write blogs. You will be surprised at the knowledge of your staff around the office. A junior office hand may just have some ideas that you had never thought of. It makes for a great content model for your site.
- Provide information! You would be surprised just how many company blogs out there are actually just advertisements for their products – pah. What a waste of a great medium. Get writing, giving tips, showing how to do stuff – it works. People like it, people link to it.
- Create top 5 lists like this. People seem to like bitesized information like this. You are reading this, right 😉
There you go, a quick post written in about 5 minutes that should give you some good tips for writing good content for your site.