The ideal candidate will be experienced in designing and building websites to W3C standards, using CSS, HTML and Adobe design packages. Candidates should have a portfolio of website designs that show creative flair and an understanding of web building requirements for different browsers and screen resolutions.
To work as a web designer with us, you should be well organised, and have the ability to build and deliver websites that the client wants within specific timescales, looking to exceed expectations every time. This role will suit an ambitious individual, keen to progress within a fast-moving young company.
Commercial experience is desired, but is not essential; training will be provided.
A formal qualification in design or website design is not required, but examples of past work are; please be sure to include URLs with your application.
Duties of role
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and building websites for clients, and updating existing websites. The candidate will need to liaise with Account Managers and occasionally directly with clients, be involved in client meetings, work on the formation of briefs and build websites to an agreed specification.
- Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of PC literacy – MS Word, Excel and Office
- Understanding of the Internet and search engines
- High standard of written English – spelling and grammar
- Experience with different CMS, such as WordPress
- Experience of designing WordPress themes
- Knowledge of hosting systems such as cPanel and IIS
- Experience with SSL
- Experience with domain name management
- Classic ASP
- Experience designing banners (static and animated)
Please apply below, enclosing a CV, covering letter and include links to examples of your work.
No agencies please.
Web Designer Job Application
- SEO Developer Role – Online Marketing
- SEO Client Account Manager – Online Marketing
- Account Executive – Online Marketing
- Web Content Editor – Online Marketing
- Why Web Designer / SEO is not a good job title