Due to team expansion, we will be looking for a new Web Content Editor to join our team.
Our web content editors cover a wide and varied portfolio of clients with varying topics.
Do you know how to use the apostrophe correctly? Do you annoy your friends explaining the difference between ‘less’ and ‘fewer’? Do you spot spelling mistakes from across the room? If so, this may be the perfect job for you.
The role requires an individual with particularly strong English spelling and grammar skills, a real eye for detail, a firm understanding of the Internet and the ability to edit news articles and content for websites – and write them when the need arises. There will also be a need to use social media.
Candidates should be well organised, have the confidence and ability to liaise with suppliers and clients and have experience of hitting multiple deadlines. This role will suit an ambitious individual, keen to progress within a fast-moving young company.
Previous experience is desired but is not essential; training will be provided.
Duties of role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the editing of web copy, news and articles, ensuring they are suitable to publish on clients’ websites. The role also requires you to liaise with content writers on a regular basis and offer coaching or feedback when necessary. Although the job is primarily an editing role, you will also be required to produce articles to provide writing cover when needed.
- Excellent standard of written English – spelling and grammar
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of PC literacy – MS Word, Excel and Office
- Ability to research new subjects on the Internet
- Excellent telephone manner
- English Language GCSE Grade A
- Experience with Internet CMS systems, such as WordPress
- Commercial editing experience
- Some experience of blog writing / writing for the web
- Understanding of the Internet and search engines
- Either possess a qualification in Journalism, be fully NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) qualified or already be working towards a full qualification (including news writing and sub editing). Alternatively, significant journalistic work experience would be acceptable
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Hours: 35hrs per week (Mon – Fri 9am-5pm) – may consider Part Time
Read about the benefits and what it’s like to work at Engage Web here
Please apply below, enclosing a CV and covering letter, and including salary expectation.