Reporting to the Technical Director, as an SEO developer you will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and improving the rankings of clients across a range of industries. You will need to follow set methods to increase client rankings in line with our search engine-friendly and ethical policies.
Our SEO developers are expected to be pro-active. Your ideas will be valued and you will be encouraged to perfect new strategies and respond to changes in search engine algorithms. You will need to assist in identifying, investigating and implementing new strategies in conjunction with our R&D processes.
You will also be required to analyse websites for new business enquiries and give accurate quotes and timescales based on your knowledge and experience.
Duties of role
You will be responsible for implementing and monitoring effective SEO strategies across a number of websites. This is a technical, hands-on role, where you will be liaising with clients and the project manager to achieve the required results as well as continual optimisation. As an SEO developer you should have an advanced understanding of SEO principles, as well as a keen interest in the field and a willingness to continue learning and anticipating search engine changes.
- Knowledge of Google, its best practices and its algorithm updates
- Experience using Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- High standard of written literacy
- Solid grasp of HTML/XHTML
- Working knowledge of PHP, ASP or both
- A proven track record in developing and implementing SEO strategies across a range of clients and industries
- Experience dealing with clients and liaising with internal depts
- An advanced understanding of SEO principles
- Experience running/writing SEO reports
- Able to interpret, visualise and discuss own ideas to a high standard
- High personal standards in terms of quality, integrity and customer service
- Knowledge of Social Media marketing (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google Plus)
- Link building experience
- Administrative experience
- Knowledge of current database technologies (MS SQL, MySQL)
- Knowledge of current server technologies (IIS6, IIS7, Apache)
- Experience with CRM systems
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience in attending and presenting at client meetings
- Ability to share best practice to continually improve self and team performance
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience + bonus
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Hours: 35hrs per week (Mon – Fri 9am-5pm)
Please apply below, enclosing a CV, covering letter, salary expectation and include links to examples of your work.
Closing date: This position has now been filled.
No agencies please.
SEO Developer Job Application
Latest posts by Darren Jamieson (see all)
- Why you should never judge by appearances, or by vocation - March 24, 2017
- Why the SEO industry is full of swindlers - March 3, 2017
- Arguing on Facebook: is it worth it? - February 23, 2017