Google News: is your site hitting the headlines yet?
There are many news streams on the Internet but, when you’re talking about the sort of news search that everyone in the world has free access to, you should be talking about Google News. Google News isn’t a news publication in the traditional sense, being news stories drawn together from millions of sources, but that makes it so much more attractive from a business point of view. Getting into Google News with help from our team at Engage Web means your business can be worldwide news.
The many advantages of being in Google News
Getting into Google News is not an easy job for any business website, so it’s good to know that there are some fantastic SEO benefits once you get there:
- Extra appearances in the search engine results pages (SERPs). A major Google News drawcard for most businesses is that it’s a clear way to the top of the search engine results pages thanks to Google’s Universal Search
- Boost your reputation with Google. Google and the other search engines love authority sites when it comes to rankings. If you become a trusted source of news, it is likely that your general authority as a site will be judged to be higher, thus further improving your regular pages’ chances of ranking well
- Attract attention from all over the net. While your main goal with targeting Google News will be focussed on the search engines, it’s good to know that your hard work will get you known elsewhere as well – regular appearances in Google News helps to build brand awareness
- Draw in the links. Being seen in Google News will help your site to syndicate its content further and attract links naturally, a major bonus for your SEO. At Engage Web, we have plenty of experience in attracting and building natural links in this way, and many more besides
- Catching the attention of your target market. The main reason for anything you do for your online marketing campaign should be to please your target market and contributing to the news is just one great way to be seen
Of course, when you’re talking about advantages, you know what’s coming next…
The difficulties of getting into Google News
As many advantages as there are in getting into Google News, there are difficulties barring the way. Google is interested in publishing high-quality news results that its users are going to want to read. To achieve this aim, the search engine maintains extremely high standards for its selection of news sources – standards that are possibly higher than any other area of Google.
It’s hard to imagine things being tougher with Google News than they are anywhere else on Google and the difficulties you’ll encounter when trying to become accepted into Google news are vastly different to the other challenges you’ll face with your SEO. Google looks for quality news content from its sources, plenty of it – and there are technical criteria that your website must adhere to as well. You also need to maintain this level – or you could easily find your website back out in the cold. Maintaining such a high level can be difficult, unless you have professional help, and that’s where our news writing services come in. We can also help optimise your site to fit for Google News.
Is your site geared up for Google News?
Complete our enquiry form or call today to speak to Engage Web about your website’s content needs.